We love this simple and delicious recipe from our friend Marcella at Modest Marce. Check out how she has used the very versatile Falcon prep set to make this delicious pizza with a bold twist… using brussels sprouts.
30 mL (2 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 shallot, thinly sliced
6-8 Brussels sprouts, trimmed & thinly sliced
1 large leek, ends removed & thinly sliced
Salt & pepper, to taste
5 mL (1 tsp) balsamic reduction
4 plain naan breads
480 mL (2 cups) shredded Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese
240 mL (1 cup) cooked bacon, roughly chopped
60 mL (1/4 cup) Saputo Parmesan cheese Petals
- In a skillet over medium heat add the olive oil, garlic & shallot. Cook until the shallot begins to turn translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the Brussels sprouts, leek, salt & pepper. Cook until vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the balsamic reduction, remove from heat & set aside until ready to use
- Brush each naan bread with olive oil. Scatter Mozzarellissima cheese generously over naan bread.
- Top with vegetable mixture, bacon & a pinch of chili flakes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese Petals & a drizzle of balsamic reduction.