1 jar of lemon curd (approx 250 grams):
2 unwaxed lemons, zest and juice
100g unrefined caster sugar
50g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 free-range egg, plus 1 free-range egg yolk
To make the lemon curd:
1. Put the lemon zest, juice, sugar and the butter into a medium sized bowl. Place it over a pan of gently simmering water, and make sure the water is not touching the bottom of the bowl. Stir the ingredients until all the butter has melted.
2. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the egg and egg yolk and stir them into the lemon mixture. Whisk until all the ingredients are well combined and then leave to cook for about 10-13 minutes, stirring every now and again.
3. When the mixture is creamy and thick, remove it from the heat and set aside to cool. When the lemon curd has cooled, spoon it into a sterilised jar and keep it in the fridge ready to be used.
Six servings of delicious traditional Pancakes:
55g plain flour, sifted
pinch of salt
1. Begin by sifting the flour into the 24cm bowl with a sieve and add the salt. Make a well in the centre of the flour, breaking the eggs into it and whisking together.
2. Gradually add the milk and the water mixture to the bowl, whilst continuing to whisk to create a smooth batter.
3. Melt the butter in a pan and add it to the batter and whisk the mixture until smooth again.
4. Grease your pan with some butter and get it really hot. Ladle the batter into the hot pan (approximately 1 ladle per pancake) and turn the heat down to medium. After about half a minute or so flip the pancake over with a palette knife for a few seconds.