Repurposing our new Fruit Bowl as a Punch bowl, this recipe is the perfect aperitif for your thanksgiving get-togethers. With or without the bourbon, the kick of anise balances the sweetness and truly warms the cockles.
THANKSGIVING PUNCH RECIPE
Enamelware needed for the recipe and to serve;
SWEET SPICED SYRUP
• ½ cup sugar
• 1 cup of water
• 3 all spice berries or half a teaspoon of ground all spice
• 3 cloves
• 2 star anise
• 1 large cinnamon stick or two small.
• 1 cup of Bourbon or any Whiskey
• 3 cups of orange juice or apple juice
• 1 12-ounce bottle of ginger beer
• 1 12-ounce bottle of sparkling water
Combine the syrup ingredients in a pan and heat on a medium heat until the sugar has melted and the spices have infused. Let this cool
Next, mix the punch base ingredients together in your Punch bowl when you are ready to serve. Then add the spiced syrup and mix well. Garnish with orange slices.