Try this salad next time you're craving something fresh and colourful. Created by chef, writer, food stylist and jewellery designer, Georgina Fuggle who trained at Leiths School of Food & Wine, worked for Green & Blacks, was Food Editor for a London publishing house and now lives and works in Winchester, running Little by Little (her jewellery brand) and consulting on all things food.
A SIMPLE SPRING SALAD
- 2-3 candied beetroots, peeled very thinly sliced.
- 3-4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- A small bunch of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, deseeded and sliced
- A handful of almonds, lightly toasted and chopped
- 1 round of goat’s cheese, sliced
FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:
- Zest and juice of a Lemon
- A glug of white wine vinegar
- 60ml olive oil
- A glug of honey
Salt and pepper to taste
In our large serving dish, gently combine the sliced beetroot, spring onion, dill and cucumber.
In our 12cm bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, honey, olive oil, zest & juice of a lemon, salt and pepper.
Crumble the goat's cheese round into the salad, sprinkle through the toasted almonds. Pour the dressing over the salad and combine until evenly coated. Serve.