Here are some tips and tricks for enjoying Pancake day all the more this year, and to guarantee a better batch of pancakes every single time.
1. Check the freshness of your baking powder for a lighter and fluffier pancake.
2. Sift and then whisk your dry ingredients to ensure it's lump free.
3. Don’t overmix the batter and don’t let it become too sticky.
4. Let the batter sit for at least half an hour after mixing to help with lumps.
5. Try to use a cast iron skillet, and be sure to preheat it.
6. Wipe down the pan in between batches.
7. Flip your pancake as soon as you see the raw side bubbling and edges dry out.
Try our recipe for Simple Pancakes
Try John Gregory-Smith’s recipe for Pancakes with a Twist
And for the perfect vegan pancake then try Aine Carlin’s recipe for Vegan ‘Buttermilk’ Pancakes here.